The Church of Sant Jaume
The parish church is located next to the medieval walls on the site where the original 14th-century church once stood. The first building, closely linked to the history of Alcúdia, originally had a fortified appearance and was used as part of the defensive system, with watch duties carried out on its roof. In 1870, due to its deteriorated condition, part of the roof collapsed, rendering the church unusable. It was later demolished and rebuilt in the same location in the Neo-Gothic style. The works continued until 1893. The current temple consists of a single nave with side chapels and rib-vaulted ceilings. The presbytery is dominated by a Neo-Gothic altarpiece dedicated to Saint James, created by L. Ferrer and M. Arcas. On the main façade, the tympanum contains a sculpture of Saint James by Remigia Caubet. A large rose window illuminates the interior, and above it, crowning the façade, is the coat of arms of Alcúdia. The visit concludes at the Parish Museum, which houses an interesting collection of religious art.